Saturday 4 August 2012

Football Manager

I think I've touched upon mental husband's love affair with football manager before. When he plays he loses all track of time.  He gets involved to the exclusion of everything else.  And he genuinely seems to believe that he's actually in charge of Manchester United.  There's a Jason Manford routine about putting on a suit for cup finals and while he doesn't go that far, I do believe he used to do the press conferences -before they were built into the game.  I used to joke about putting the game in the wedding car with a veil on.

But that was before.  I made the hideous mistake of buying him  3DS for Christmas.  Not only did he not pay any more attention to me than when he was playing FM, he insisted on playing in the same room.  So not only was he playing constantly, he also insisted on having the remote control.  So there'd be him playing fake football on his DS, football or Sky Sports news on tv all the time and he'd comment on anything I had to eat, or moan if I asked to watch something that didn't have a ball in it!

He's rediscovered FM again and I breathe a massive sigh of relief.  FM involves him being upstairs.  In the second bedroom I insisted upon so that he could have a mancave, and I can have peace to watch trash tv.  At the moment I have a deep love for "Man vs Food" and "I didn't know I was pregnant".  I can happily watch these for ages, sprawled on the couch eating bad stuff.  Yay for Football Manager and peace!!

No comments:

Post a Comment